Samsung J7 (SM-J700H) v5.1.1 Lolipop Root
Why Root J5 and J7?
There are many advantages of rooting, you can run special apps, 3D Games, Animation, flash a custom ROM etc. These advantages can be really useful, so if you wish to root your device then continue reading. Prerequisites. All Device you can root but liabilities depend on you.
Download and install Samsung USB drivers in your PC.
Download TWRP Recovery.
Download SuperSU package and copy the file to the internal storage of the phone.
Enable USB Debugging on your device. (Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging)
Installing TWRP Recovery
1. Download the latest Odin zip file (use version 3.09) and extract the file on your PC. You will get following files in that folder:
- Odin3 v3.09.exe
2. Double-click on the Odin3 vx.xx.exe file. This will open an Odin window.
3. Boot your Galaxy J7 into Download mode:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together and release them once you encounter a warning screen on your device
- Press Volume Up to acknowledge the warning. This takes you to download mode.
4. Connect your device to the PC using an USB cable and make sure your device is detected. An
“Added!! message will appear in Odin’s message box.
5. Now Set up Odin as follows. Odin V3.09
6. That is, check the AP box, add the TWRP file. (Do not extract it)
7. Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
8. Now, click START button to begin the installation process.
9. After your device is rebooted you will see “PASS!” message in Odin.
Rooting your device
- Make sure your device has TWRP recovery installed.
- Download SuperSU file and copy it to your internal SD card. (Link above)
- Boot into TWRP recovery with the process described above.
- Select Install zip from SD card> Choose zip from SD card.
- Select SuperSU zip file and press yes to confirm installation.
- Now reboot your device.
After some minutes your phone will reboot. You will find your device rooted and SuperSU App installed.
You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy J7 with TWRP recovery installed.